Red caps are known for their continued feeding frenzies, yet few know of the hallucinogenic properties of their saliva and marking glands as I had discovered recently in the capturing and handling of a specimen as of late.
While I will not say it was necessarily and enjoyable discovery, I have now formed a hypothesis that red capped mushrooms may not in fact be toxic in their own right, but have been contaminated by the infestations of soft backs living among them. It could also be argued that the toxin has been ingested so often by the creature that it just has a naturally high serum level in it's system making it toxic. I strongly advise bite proof gloves should be worn when removing these from a live capture trap.
Like most creatures in the goblin family, they have a fondness for human nick nacks, in this case the one I have captured had some silverware from a child's tea set, some tiny little keys, and a glass vile that was filed with a questionable fermented substance that may have once been milk.
Further study will be continued on this genus of goblins after I have finished cleaning the wound from the bite I received earlier.